The Peace and Social Justice Center of Kansas is planning an event for one of
’s Final Fridays in which the Peace House will hold an art exhibit of Palestinian Children’s Art. The event is to bring attention to the problem of Palestinian children who have seen war all their lives in the West Bank and Wichita Strip. -សតិវ អតុ Gaza
This was sent by the Italian CARC Party;
We receive this call by Leila Khaled, historical exponent of the struggle for the liberation of the Palestinian people, member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of
Palestine and of the Legislative Council. Palestine
We join the call, we undersign it, we invite everybody to undersign and to widespread it and to develop initiatives of protest in order to get the objectives of the prisoners struggling for their rights and dignity.
Long Live the Struggle of Palestinian People!
Onward to victory!
Comitato "con la Palestina nel cuore"
Freedom Flottilla Italia
Partito dei CARC
Associazione Solidarietà Proletaria
Sindacato Lavoratori in Lotta di Napoli
Per il Bene Comune
Palestinian prisoners in Israeli occupation prisons issued a statement on Sunday, September 25, 2011, stating that they plan to begin an open-ended hunger strike on September 27, 2011, demanding an end to the isolation of Ahmad Sa'adat, an end to isolation for all Palestinian political prisoners, and an end to the policies of repression and humiliation against visitors to the prisoners, including denial of family visits and visitors being stopped, searched and impeded at Israeli occupation checkpoints. The prisoners are also demanding an end to abuse and humiliation of prisoners while they are transferred from one prison to another.
The Campaign to Free Ahmad Sa'adat stands in solidarity with the Palestinian prisoners' hunger strike and calls for people around the world to join their voices to the prisoners' call for justice.
Ahmad Sa'adat, the imprisoned General Secretary of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine and a Palestinian national leader, has been imprisoned by Israeli occupation forces since his kidnapping in March 13, 2006. He was abducted in a violent Israeli military raid from a Palestinian Authority prison where he had been unjustly held without charge or trial for over four years under
and British guard. He has been in isolation for over two years following his calls for resistance to the Israeli assault on U.S. in winter 2009. (Learn more about Ahmad Sa'adat here.) Gaza
The prisoners' statement follows:
"We, the comrades of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine in the Zionist prisons and detention centers, declare to the steadfast, struggling brave masses of the Palestinian people and to all free people in the world:
We announce that we will begin an open-ended hunger strike on Tuesday morning, September 27, 2011, in response to the official policies of the Zionist government and its fascist prison administration. We demand our rights and our dignity, as we struggle for the victory of our values and ideals.
Our goals for this hunger strike:
1. End the solitary confinement and isolation of our comrade, General Secretary of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, member of the Palestinian Legislative Council and the PLO Central Council, Ahmad Sa'adat, Abu Ghassan.
2. End the policy of isolation for all prisoners;
3. End the policy of systematic humiliation by the occupation army against the Palestinian people at checkpoints and crossings, particularly targeting visitors to prisons, and end the arbitrary denial of visits to the prisoners, especially the prisoners from the Gaza Strip. End the humiliation and abuse of prisoners during transfer.
The principles of our revolution include the rejection of all forms of injustice, and for us to struggle and confront the occupier in all areas and places in our own manner. Accordingly, we call upon all of the Palestinian and Arab people, political forces and institutions, human rights and civil society organizations, to raise their voices for us, so that we do not become easy prey for a vicious occupier. We promise to all of our people, and to the legacy of the martyrs of
, that we will continue on our path until victory. Palestine
Great glory to the martyrs ...
Victory to the revolution ...
Victory is inevitable."
Victory to the revolution ...
Victory is inevitable."
TAKE ACTION TO SUPPORT AHMAD SA'ADAT AND ALL PALESTINIAN PRISONERS!
1. Picket, protest or call the Israeli embassy or consulate in your location and demand the immediate freedom of Ahmad Sa'adat and all Palestinian political prisoners.
2. Distribute the free downloadable Campaign to Free Ahmad Sa'adat flyer in your community at local events.
3. Write to the International Committee of the Red Cross and other human rights organizations to exercise their responsibilities and act swiftly to demand that the Israelis ensure that Ahmad Sa'adat and all Palestinian prisoners are freed from punitive isolation. Email the ICRC, whose humanitarian mission includes monitoring the conditions of prisoners, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and inform them about the urgent situation of Ahmad Sa'adat.
4. Email the Campaign to Free Ahmad Sa'adat at email@example.com with announcements, reports and information about your local events, activities and flyer distributions.
The Campaign to Free Ahmad Sa'adat