otto's war room banner

otto's war room banner

Monday, November 26, 2012

My Hometown

Having lived in several small towns, as a journalist in the 1980s, I have seen first hand the death of many small towns. Wal*Mart likes to come in and that usually means the end of the towns main-street and all of its shops.

With outsourcing, large companies that once paid people a decent living move away and leave a lot of unemployed workers. Some work for Wal*Mart for a pittance of what they once make.

Although this song has been around a while, it is still revilement when I see a town that is actually dying out and everything that once made it livable gone. Eventually a lot of these towns die out. For my own town’s experience, see My Home Town in Counter-Culture Journals. -សតិវ អតុ

Bruce Springsteen - My Hometown - Lyrics

No comments: